Friday, August 31, 2007

The Newtons

I want to be out and running sooooo bad that I am going slowly mad. But, two heel surgeries in the last few months have me looking for a quick fix. Heck, I'd be happy with a slow fix with a magic date waiting for me at the end.

I've never been much of a heel striker, but now I've become almost paranoid about landing on my fragile heels. I know how much my heels hurt right now (well, one anyway, the other is ok - at least today) but I simply cannot imagine running and landing on either of them. Ugh.

So, I decided to take a chance on a pair of running shoes that I've seen advertised in a magazine.

Newtons. Designed with blah-blah-blah to encourage a fore- and mid-foot strike. Cool! Sign me up!

At first I figured it would be as easy as going o the runner's den and trying on a pair. Oops. Apparently Newton only sells direct from their website. So much for being able to trying on a pair! But if they actually do what they claim to do, well...

But here's the sticking part. I'm not really a gambling sort of guy. To me, big action up in Vegas involves putting down a couple of two-dollar bets on the horses. And when I lose, I feel bad. At least until they bring me a free beer. Lol... Anyway, deciding to throw down $175 (plus shipping!) on these magic Newtons had me feeling like the biggest whale that ever visited the Vegas strip.

But I threw down the cash anyway...

Here they are in all their ugly glory. Probably the ugliest things that I own. Oh, well, they are supposed to be magic, right?

So, say hello to my newest friends...

No comments: